Qualifications and Experience
Compensation and Benefits
| ||World-class organizations are built with world-class people at the core of their DNA.At IWSB we are looking for people who would strive to go the extra distance and bring pride to the institution.|
Besides your domain expertise, if you have the urge to excel, if you bring to table the spirit of cooperation and collaboration, if you have a high degree of ownership, and are open to trying out new approaches and ideas, then we welcome you to be a part of IWSB. To those who make their career with us, we promise an open and innovative work environment, some of the best people as colleagues, the freedom to create an unlimited work agenda, and some of the most modern and enabling facilities.
The academic learning at IWSB is anchored around the social and culture-specific context of management, and hence, the focus is on experiential learning.
In our belief, management can scarcely be “taught” to students. The teaching methodology at IWSB is based on strong research evidence that individuals retain and internalize knowledge when they learn by exploring, experiencing, and doing – not by merely listening to a discourse. The programme structure and pedagogy requires students to experience what they learn, and undertake specially designed tasks where they apply what they learn and also evaluate their learning. The purpose is to “involve” and “engage” students in the process of learning.
In the light of this, then, the role of the faculty is more to facilitate learning than teach. The faculty would be required to undertake research, develop courses and prepare relevant teaching materialaccordingly. Needless to say, these activities would need a great deal of creative and original thinking. It will also require a variety of ideas and approaches to be tested in work organizations.
Faculty Profile:We are looking for and people with relevant technical expertise and willingness and ability to adapt to IWSB’s overall academic approach. The prospective faculty will have relevant experience in teaching and research, or in the industry. The broad profiles are given below.
Applicants with relevant academic background should have
1. Publications of recognized quality
2. Some evidence of having contributed to the advancement of knowledge, which could be regarded as "original" or as "out of the box" thinking.
3. Ability to work with others, and some evidence of sensitivity towards students and colleagues
4. Engaged in field based research, or should demonstrate interest in taking up research
Applicants with background of working in the industry should show
1. Demonstrable interest in education – preferably some tangible evidence of personal involvement in education/training
2. Evidence of team work and sensitivity towards others
3. Persuasive reason to shift to an academic career
4. Interest in undertaking research
5. Depth of thinking about social and economic issues
Applicants with fresh doctorate or equivalent should show
1. Evidence of knowledge of literature in the relevant area, and of having engaged in research of acceptable quality
2. Reasonably strong motive for opting for an academic career
3. Motive to seek out new things and the urge to achieve
4. Ability to seek new knowledge and to adopt a cooperative approach to working
5. Ability to think critically
Qualifications and Experience:
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer: This level is for “freshers.” The minimum qualification is a relevant postgraduate degree. Desired qualification is a PhD. While, we might take people who do not have any teaching experience but show promise of pursuing an active academic career, preference would be given to those who have up to 3 years of teaching/work experience in the relevant area.
Assistant Professor: Minimum qualification: PhD in relevant area + 5 years teaching/research experience. OR, MBA + 7 years relevant work experience in industry. Fresh PhDs from reputed institutes who have demonstrated high potential for doing quality work may also be considered.
Associate Professor: Minimum qualification: PhD in relevant area + 8 years teaching experience. OR, MBA + 10 years relevant work experience in industry.
Professor: Minimum qualification: PhD in relevant area + 10 years teaching experience. OR, MBA + 12 years relevant work experience in industry.
Compensation and Benefits :
IWSB offers very competitive compensation to the faculty. The gross annual salary for different levels is given below.
| Lecturer/Senior Lecturer|| Rs. 5.5 to 8.5 Lakh |
| Assistant Professor|| Rs. 8.3 to 11.4 Lakh|
| Associate Professor|| Rs. 11.2 to 17.5 Lakh |
| Professor|| Rs. 13 to 18 Lakh|
The other tangible benefits include:
- TA, DA for travel on account of official work
- Generous support for conducting fieldwork, in the form of research grant
- Paid trip to national/ international conference in which the faculty is invited to read paper (normally once in two years), subject to approval from the Research Committee
- Additional fixed payment for sessions taken for EDPs
- Up to 70% of the net earnings generated from consulting services offered by the faculty (all consulting assignments are routed through IWSB)
Currently there are full time openings at the levels of Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor, and Lecturer, in all relevant areas/functions, especially in the following:
Finance & Accounting
Behavioral & Social Sciences
We will also consider good candidates for visiting assignments.
If interested,please send your resume,two published papers,or detailed account of work experience,along with two reference to:
Indus World School of Business
15-A, Knowledge Park-II
Greater NOIDA, UP, 201308