At IWSB we believe not only in developing functional managers but nurturing entrepreneurial business managers. Our first placement season (2009-10) closed successfully with students getting offers from fast growing entrepreneurial start-ups as well as reputed companies like Citibank, HCL Infosystems, Educomp, Career Launcher, DTDC, Pinstorm, Evalueserve, Kotak Mahindra Bank and more.
In spite of the economy reviving from the impact of global meltdown, the average compensation offered to the first batch, a combination of fixed component, variable pay and stock options, has been Rs.5.3 Lac with Rs.11.5 Lac (CTC) being the highest salary offered. In our second year, we managed to lift up the average CTC to 6 Lacs per annum.
Final Placements – Highlights
Industry break up for companies participated in Final placements 2010-11
- Biggest recruiters for 2010 batch were commercial banks like Citibank, ING Vyasya, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Axis Bank. The trend changed for 2011 batch with firms from education sector recruiting the most. A few examples are Educomp solutions, Career Launcher and Indus World School.
- 20% of the batch opted for consulting firms like HCL Infosystems, Deloitte, and INI Consulting etc. For 2011 batch we also saw some names from gaming industry like India games etc recruiting students for attractive profiles.
- Marketing profiles from companies like MGL, DTDC stood third in terms of number of recruitments with 7.5 % of batch opting for them.
- Number of students voluntarily opted out of the placement process to plunge into entrepreneurship right from the word ‘Go’. Around 5 students chose to work on their own ventures as their carrier option.
Summer Placements 2011
Summer internship at IWSB is a mandatory requirement to complete by all the students. IWSB encouraged students to be associated with the fast growing entrepreneurial firms along with reputed firms for their short-term assignment in the corporate world. Summer internship resulted in immense learning from the journey of learning concepts in the classroom to direct application of the concepts into the real-world businesses.
A sizeable number of students were appreciated for their performances by respective companied through pre-placement offers/ letter of intent.
Summer Placements - Highlights
- IWSB has a witnessed participation of companies from diverse fields - from biotechnology to established banks coming to the campus for recruiting students for summer internship.
- This year while a majority of the batch chose to opt for firms in education sector. We also saw an increase in the number of financial firms like India Info line, Hemera Global Trade, Insync Advisors, Axis bank, ING Vyasya, HDFC Bank etc. coming to campus.
- Some big names from the medical/pharmaceutical sector were Fortis Hospitals, Genzyme India Limited, Astrazeneca, and Bayer Crop Science among others.
- Entrepreneurship being the focus of IWSB, every year we have students opting out of placements to work on their own ventures which also made us proud in year 2011 at RMAI Competition at IIM Bangalore for “Best Summer Internship Project” Award claimed by IWSB (Ankita Gupta and Shobit Jain – students of PGP 2011 Batch).
Industry break-up of companies participated in Summer Placements
Companies participated in Placements
IWSB has been actively supported by previous year recruiters along with many new companies. Some of these are listed here